DGI Training Center seeks
Dangerous Goods Multi Modal Training Specialist
Multi Modal Instructor position to include public classes, on-site training, webinars, audits, material development and product development. This position is contractual. The candidate selected will work out of their home and should be close to a major airport.
In addition to the technical requirements listed below, we want to work with curious and interested individuals who are not afraid of learning new methods of delivery. DGI believes training that is inspiring and exciting makes a difference in adult learning.
- Minimum 5 years in the transportation field working in some way with dangerous goods.
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience. This can be classroom, on-site, training fellow employees, etc.
- Must be knowledgeable in at least 2 modes of transport.
- Computer literate with laptop or tablet, cell, fax
- Must be current in all recurrent training for modes you work with. It is your responsibility to always remain current with all regulatory changes and issues pertaining to our field.
- Candidate must provide exceptional customer service to each client. Each and every customer is valuable and worthy of our complete attention. So, you must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to establish and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to attend to administrative duties and file expense reports, etc., in a timely manner.
- May be asked to attend company meetings from time to time.
- Must be an experienced traveler.
- Candidate must conduct themselves according to DGI’s Code of Ethics.
- And most important, have a sense of humor.
DGI Contractors enjoy a strong support system working with people who care about you. We are a personal company where quality of life takes high priority. We work hard, but try to have a good time doing it.
First, email your resume to:
Subject line: Contractor Position
Once you hear back from me, please be prepared to send the following:
Excerpts of training materials –short example
Any video recordings on-line or DVD, etc.
Copies of any current industry memberships, such as COSTHA, DGAC, DGTA, etc.
Copies of certificates showing latest recurrent training
Anything else that you feel is pertinent or distinguishes you from the rest of the pack